1. Is this a visual
story?
I think this could definitely be a visual story. It carries
both a lot of emotion and information.The piece could be enhanced with a
picture of Bauer from the event, or even a video from her speech. Maps of where she lived in
Hamburg, or the locations of the concentration camps to which she was sent
could give the reader helpful information about the locations used in the story.
A timeline infographic could also be helpful as a visual way to show the events
of Bauer’s life and when they happened in relation to each other and the events
of the war. I think images of concentration camps, or photos of a young Bauer
could also add emotional impact to the story.
2. Is this a complex story?
This story isn’t too complex; it just outlines details about
Bauer’s life given in her speech. There isn’t much you would want to hyperlink,
in my opinion, since the information is subjective, and the events are told
from Bauer’s perspective. I think the only link that might make sense is to an
informational page about Terezin.
3. Is this a time-sensitive story, developing, or deadline
story?
This story certainly isn’t exactly any of these. It covers
an event that already occurred, so there’s no need for any follow-up.
4. Could the reader have a role in this story?
I think there is potential for the reader to get
involved with this. Many students attended Bauer’s speech, and given the quotes
at the end of the piece, it seems as though there was an array of student
reactions to her story. So… go here.
5. Is this story fun, or serious?
Given that the topic is a Holocaust survivor’s story, I’d
say it’s a serious piece.
6. Does location matter?
No, it really doesn’t play a role in this piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment