Sunday, April 28, 2013

Meeting with my reporter.

Okay, I'm a little behind, surprise surprise. I actually first met with my 621 reporter a while ago, but I forgot to write an entry about it, so this is what I can remember.

In our first meeting, Olivia and I just got to know each other a bit. From the start, I could tell we were very different people in terms of our  personal lives: Olivia is a dedicated Christian, and I'm just... not. While the difference in our religious views was originally a bit intimidating, Olivia turned out to be extremely sweet and very enthusiastic about working together. I'm really lucky I got a reporter who's really looking forward to our collaboration because her willing participation and openness seems key to this working out.

We basically just talked about how she had been doing in the class so far, what the hardest things were for her to do, what kinds of stories she wants to write, etc. I was a little uncomfortable with talking like I had the answers to her questions because really, I only took the class she's in a few months ago. I don't really feel like an authority figure yet, but I guess that's something for me to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment